[NTLK] clicks when I adjust volume

From: Tom McDougal (tmcdougal_at_newted.org)
Date: Wed Oct 09 2002 - 11:11:11 EDT

Hello kind Newton-users,

First, it has really been a joy to find this list. Lots of knowledgeable
and friendly people, news of software under development, and pointers to
cool software I had never heard about.

I've got a weird sound problem on my MP2100. When I adjust the volume
level (w/in Extras), all I hear are static-like clicks instead of the
usual beep.

The first clue was that the "doc done" sound in NewtsCape has never
sounded.

What makes this particularly weird (to me) is that every other sound (?)
works: pen sound effects, timer chimes, the reset chord... In fact, I
don't know where else the sound is disabled, if anywhere.

Freezing extraneous packages hasn't had any effect.

Any ideas? (Searches of the FAQ and list archives haven't turned up
anything.)

-Tom McDougal
tmcdougal_at_newted.org