Re: [NTLK] Wireless question

From: Jesse Garnier (newton_at_stonehopper.com)
Date: Wed Oct 09 2002 - 19:46:05 EDT

That card uses the Prism 2 chipset, which Hiroshi supports in the latest
versions of his WaveLAN driver. However, his driver may not recognize your
card unless he specifically adds its ID string. He's done that for people in
the past, including me (with an IBM card that ended up not working because
the ID string was too long).

I don't know what you're paying for the Netgear (I saw $80 on Staples' Web
site), but here's a new Orinoco Silver card for $62 (Computers4Sure) if
you're interested: http://tinyurl.com/1w1o

I got my WaveLAN Silver card from eBay for $32 about a year ago. That still
seems to be a good price for them there.

--
Jesse Garnier
jesse_at_smartphonecentral.com