Re: [NTLK] programitically generate a mail

From: Laurent Daudelin (laurent_daudelin_at_fanniemae.com)
Date: Thu Oct 10 2002 - 10:49:07 EDT

On 10/10/02 10:23, "andrew_at_misf67.cern.ch" <andrew_at_misf67.cern.ch> wrote:

> Hi this is a question for the programming buffs out there.
>
> Is there a simple way to create a mail in the out box programatically.
> What I want is to create some text and send it to the outbox (with the
> appropriate address), so that the next time the user sends mail, it will
> be sent out.

There are APIs in the system for routing out items (fax, print, etc.) but I
don't think I ever saw public APIs specifically for email. I would think
that this would be provided by the email client vendor, since there's never
been any Apple API specifically for email.

-Laurent.

Blue Screen of Death n.: [common] This term is closely related to the older
Black Screen of Death but much more common (many non-hackers have picked it
up). Due to the extreme fragility and bugginess of Microsoft Windows,
misbehaving applications can readily crash the OS (and the OS sometimes
crashes itself spontaneously). The Blue Screen of Death, sometimes decorated
with hex error codes, is what you get when this happens. (Commonly
abbreviated BSOD.)