Re: [NTLK] Wireless LANs

From: Jesse Garnier (newton_at_stonehopper.com)
Date: Fri Oct 11 2002 - 11:30:56 EDT

Yes, that's the idea behind 'ad-hoc' mode; no base station required. But
ad-hoc is 1-to-1; any more devices and you'll need a base station.

And actually, it's different from a software base station on Mac; Apple
calls ad-hoc mode a 'Computer-to-Computer' network. (Although I'm pretty
sure you're on a PC, IIRC.)

--Jesse