Re: [NTLK] My newt's for sale

From: bob barkany (bob_at_barkany.com)
Date: Fri Oct 11 2002 - 12:58:59 EDT

On 11/10/02 15:06, "Kevin LaCombe" <the_droner_at_yahoo.com> wrote:

>=20
> Dennis,
>=20
> I think the complaint was that someone posted a link
> to the auction where you bought these. Not that you
> posted the newts for sale. :)
>=20
>=20
>=20
> "Someone on the list had a complaint about me posting
> the newts for sale.
> Just wanted to say that I am not going to spam the
> list or anything.
> one message per month just saying how many i have for
> sale and such=20
> is certainly not a burden on the list, especially
> considering the nice
> response I have gotten from list members, many who
> appreciate the=20
> opportunity to buy a second newt as a backup, etc.
>=20
>=20
> I am ebay userid db999md and i have a 3,700+ positive
> feedback rating, so
> you can be pretty sure that I am an honest seller.
> Certain buyers have asked
> more detailed questions about the specific newt they
> will be receiving and
> I always try to answer their questions as accurately
> as possible.=20
>=20
>=20
> We have sold aout 50 of them so far and have not
> gotten any complaints that
> people were expecting better screens than they got,
> etc. so my screen
> descriptions=20
> seem to be accurate enough. I have personally tested
> the entire lot of the
> newts and=20
> verified their working status.
>=20
>=20
> just wanted to clear this up . . .
>=20
>=20
> thanks=20
>=20
>=20
> -Dennis Brenner "
>=20
>=20
> http://faith.yahoo.com
You all misunderstand
My post was not a complaint about the fact that you are selling newtons in
whatever condition. I am sure you are honest and if you sell a dodgy newton
to someone then they will be doing so fully in the knoweledge that it is a
dodgy newton.
MY COMPLAINT was directed to mr ozgooner, who when seeing your post about
having 50 newtons for sale, directed us all immediately to the ebay auction
whence the newtons came from and made sure we all knew how much they cost
you.
He also has a newton business and is therefore a competitor of yours, I
myself have bought from him and if he wants to allude to your profit margin=
,
let me tell you , he didn=B9t have any bargains on his stall.
If you describe your goods clearly and fairly and despatch them reasonably
quickly then good luck to you.
-- Bob Barkany, Photographer
   tel +44 (0) 7973 666 243
    www.barkany.com