[NTLK] nSync progress update

From: John Anderson (dearjohn_at_everchanging.com)
Date: Mon Oct 14 2002 - 14:07:33 EDT

I know I'll be screwing myself on search engines, but the name "nSync"
appeals to my sense of irony way too much. The name also makes the most
logical sense. So I've decided to name the app nSync.

http://www.everchanging.com/newton/

I'll have a preview in the next few days. It can already sync from the
Newton to the Address Book, and I'm working on sync'ing in the other
direction. The core applications are almost complete, with the only
remaining unfinished issue being conflict resolution (both Newton and
Mac modified a record, or there's more than one person with the same
name). The Mac app's implementation of IrDA, serial, and TCP/IP are
finished, although the only thing that works on the Newton side right
now is serial. So the preview will, as stated before, only sync
AddressBook entries over serial. It's basically meant to be proof that
the product actually *exists*. :-)

Anyway, back to my regularly scheduled work day.

John Anderson