Re: [NTLK] Any other Keyboard option?

From: Laurent Daudelin (laurent_daudelin_at_fanniemae.com)
Date: Tue Oct 15 2002 - 15:10:12 EDT

On 15/10/02 14:38, "Steven" <steven_at_zenacon.com> wrote:

> Is there any way to connect a non-Newton keyboard to a 2100 without using
> NCU and another computer? I see a variety of keyboards (from miniature to
> rollup designs) that work for Palm and PPC units, does anyone know if you
> can get any of these to work? I saw a new infrared unit and wondered if it
> would work with my Newt?

The Newton OS uses some proprietary information that comes from the Newton
keyboard. In order to use other keyboards, you would need drivers that would
adapt the keyboard dialect to the Newton OS way of communicating. AFAIK,
there is no such driver.

-Laurent.

coaster n.: 1. Unuseable CD produced during failed attempt at writing to
writeable or re-writeable CD media. Certainly related to the coaster-like
shape of a CD, and the relative value of these failures. "I made a lot of
coasters before I got a good CD." 2. Useless CDs received in the mail from
the likes of AOL, MSN, CI$, Prodigy, ad nauseam.