Re: [NTLK] 2x00 ROM image capture?

From: Paul Guyot (pguyot_at_kallisys.net)
Date: Wed Oct 16 2002 - 01:19:12 EDT

À (At) 20:50 -0600 15/10/02, Grant [Silliness] Hutchinson écrivait (wrote) :
> >I suggest Hammer if you want a specific function (you need to connect
>>the Newton, though), or Rough Disarm if you want to dump everything.
>
>Paul, I'm going to add 'Rough Disarm' to the Newton Glossary, since we
>already have Hammer in there.

Well, Hammer is a software by Apple. Rough Disarm is a quick hack
I've written in the early days of my bowels projects. Most of the
code comes from GNU binutils. Not sure it deserves being in the
glossary :)

In fact, it has a successor called Better Disarm which I haven't
published because it's even more complex to use and it requires an
auxiliary file full of copyright material.

>Does this definition sound ok?

Yup. While the binary runs on MPW only, the source code of Rough
Disarm should let you compile it for any ANSI C platform.

Paul

--
NPDS: http://newton.kallisys.net:8080/
Apache: http://www.kallisys.com/