Re: [NTLK] Replacement MP2x00 battery packs

From: Tony Kan (tony.kan_at_clear.net.nz)
Date: Mon Oct 21 2002 - 05:59:57 EDT

Hiya Frank
Thanks once again for sending those styli. I've lost your address since
then. I took one unit into a shop that refurbishes batteries here in
Christchurch, New Zealand but they mangled the unit and it doesn't fit
snugly into the unit anymore. Somehow they made it narrower and it just
"slips" out by itself. It cost about $NZ100 to do too. Well it was worth a
try 'cos everyone else on the list just seemed so far away and shipping just
gets so expensive.

I've already got a battery tray and somebody else has mentioned that this is
the long term solution to the problem of sources of new battery packs drying
up. I just wanted to put it off for as long as possible.
Cheers
Tony.