Re: [NTLK] LUCENT/ORINOCO WIFI Gold card

From: Laurent Daudelin (laurent_daudelin_at_fanniemae.com)
Date: Tue Oct 22 2002 - 16:09:22 EDT

On 22/10/02 15:30, "magnolo bugarin" <magnolob_at_mac.com> wrote:

> Hello Newtonians :)
>
> I am Extremely New on the Newt-on platform and need some major help.
> I'm trying to use a WiFI Lucent/Orinoco Gold Card on a 2100 with a
> macintosh running mac o 9.1 classic mode.
> The connection between the ibook and Newton has been established using
> a keyspan twin serial usb adapter under os 9.1. and managed to install
> a few apps onto the Newton. However, I have had no luck finding a
> driver that works, including Hiroshi Noguchi driver :(( I found a
> driver that works on mac os x
> {http://wirelessdriver.sourceforge.net/index.html } but my connection
> is under mac os 9 and it wont open the os x file .
>
> Thanks in advance for any tips :)

(Note to the FAQ maintainer: if that question isn't part of the FAQ yet, it
needs to be added ASAP!)

Did you install all the packages from the "Newton Internet Enabler" 2.0
software installer? I bet no, but I thought I should ask. If you haven't,
hop to UNNA, download the package and install it. Then you can expect to
install Noguchi's driver. Make sure that all drivers are on the same store
(or memory location). I strongly suggest onto the internal memory.

If you have already installed NIE 2.0 with all its packages on the internal
memory, then I guess you have an odd revision of your ORiNOCO Gold card.

-Laurent.

fudge: 1. vt. To perform in an incomplete but marginally acceptable way,
particularly with respect to the writing of a program. "I didn't feel like
going through that pain and suffering, so I fudged it -- I'll fix it later."
2. n. The resulting code.