Re: [NTLK] ------------------ >So i assume tha.

From: G.E. Ross (g.e.ross_at_sympatico.ca)
Date: Tue Oct 22 2002 - 17:22:23 EDT

On 10/22/02 1:44 AM, "Ferdi Ozguner" wrote:
=20
Calvin grier got the upgrade information from Mr PCB man. I am not in any
way affiliated with either of them.

Secondly.
ITs not an upgraded 2000, its a 2100.
=20
Third the speed implant upgrade can be turned off and on.
what exaclty has offended you so much? I have been proving the speed
implant service for newton users for over a year now. I have a few extra
units lying around that i decided to sell on ebay, is this a crime?
 Why cant list members leave me alone? Is this not a free country?

Ferdi
=20
One, Calvin Grier was mentioned because his Web page shows a picture
illustrating and discussing the problems of fitting the backlight
replacement properly.

Two, by not referring to MP2000s you are making the suggestion to Newton
newcomers that this 2100 has not been upgraded =8B yet it is severely
modified.

Three, I suppose you mention that the speed implant can be turned on and of=
because you are aware that the 220 mhz upgrade conflicts with the serial
port. You could do your buyers a favour and say so.

=B3Is this a crime?=B2 No, it is borderline. You should have clued in by now
that list members see your sales copy as unethical. It does not clearly
state what you are selling, obfuscates problems, and attempts to appear mor=
valuable than it is to newbies by describing in detail standard Newton
features. If you are personally duplicating unna.org files on CDs for
resale, then you may be violating copyright. The unna site states: =B3In
addition, reselling of the UNNA archive, in whole or in part, in any way,
shape, or form, is prohibited. The UNNA website, the directory structure of
the archive, and any related data is Copyright 2001,2002 by Victor Rehorst.
All Rights Reserved Worldwide. =B3 I believe in Canada this would be a civil
matter requiring Victor to prosecute.

=B3Why can=B9t list members leave me alone?=B2 I have not sent you nor will I eve=
send you a personal e-mail. This list is about Newtons. Your Newton sales
efforts on ebay are public and are being discussed as such.

=B3Is this not a free country?=B2 It is free, thank God, and this list proves
it. The ability to freely discuss rip-offs will continue to help protect th=
Newton using public against those who think a free market means sellers hav=
no moral responsibility, are free to sell in any exaggerated way they like,
and buyers should beware.