Re: [NTLK] Paging Card --> Super 8 technology

From: Jeremy Bond Shepherd (jbond_at_jameswhale.com)
Date: Thu Oct 24 2002 - 10:55:55 EDT

> I didn't explore every nook and cranny of the site, but I clicked on
> the "Products" link and got a page allowing me to search for labs and
> dealers. Searching the United States I got a listing of 25 or 30 labs
> but no indication of any dealers able to sell unexposed film. I think
> that was the original poster's point.

I don't have a specific link, but I can assure you that new unexposed
Super-8 stock is available in Kodachrome 40 reversal, Ektachrome ASA
125 reversal, Plus-X and Tri-X reversal (Plus-X looks fabulous!) and
even Vision 200 NEGATIVE film. These can be ordered direct from Kodak
if you can't find a local dealer.

5 minutes of Googling around would reveal plenty of amateurs and even
PROs still using Super-8 as an acquisition format. The pros are mostly
blowing up to 35 to match with other 35-originated footage (the S-8 is
used for effect) but plenty of amateurs still edit and exhibit in
Super-8.

-Jeremy

-
Jeremy Bond SHEPHERD | Americans practice different faiths in
San Francisco, CA | churches, synagogues, mosques and temples.
jbond_at_jameswhale.com | And many good people practice no faith
Phone: 415-929-0297 | at all.
ICQ: 72267083 | -- George W. Bush, finally gets it right
AIM: jeremybondsf | in his Easter Address of 2002
PGP key available on public keyservers.