Re: [NTLK] Paging Card --> Super 8 technology

From: Ed Kummel (tech_ed_at_yahoo.com)
Date: Thu Oct 24 2002 - 20:03:43 EDT

OK...my Dad's super-8 camera is usable again...(about
5 years ago, I found a super-8 film supplier but they
only sold bulk...no less than $500/order)
Now I need to find regular 8mm B&W film! And I'll be
at the next NUGWash with a B&W 8mm film camera with
25asa film and a 500watt Sun Lamp...

Ed
web/gadget guru
http://npds.tek-ed.com (my NPDS server and it's new
subdomain)

--- Jeremy Bond Shepherd <jbond_at_jameswhale.com> wrote:

> > I didn't explore every nook and cranny of the
> site, but I clicked on
> > the "Products" link and got a page allowing me to
> search for labs and
> > dealers. Searching the United States I got a
> listing of 25 or 30 labs
> > but no indication of any dealers able to sell
> unexposed film. I think
> > that was the original poster's point.
>
> I don't have a specific link, but I can assure you
> that new unexposed
> Super-8 stock is available in Kodachrome 40
> reversal, Ektachrome ASA
> 125 reversal, Plus-X and Tri-X reversal (Plus-X
> looks fabulous!) and
> even Vision 200 NEGATIVE film. These can be ordered
> direct from Kodak
> if you can't find a local dealer.
>
> 5 minutes of Googling around would reveal plenty of
> amateurs and even
> PROs still using Super-8 as an acquisition format.
> The pros are mostly
> blowing up to 35 to match with other 35-originated
> footage (the S-8 is
> used for effect) but plenty of amateurs still edit
> and exhibit in
> Super-8.
>
> -Jeremy
>
> -
> Jeremy Bond SHEPHERD | Americans practice
> different faiths in
> San Francisco, CA | churches, synagogues,
> mosques and temples.
> jbond_at_jameswhale.com | And many good people
> practice no faith
> Phone: 415-929-0297 | at all.
> ICQ: 72267083 | -- George W. Bush,
> finally gets it right
> AIM: jeremybondsf | in his Easter Address
> of 2002
> PGP key available on public keyservers.
>

> --
> Read the List FAQ/Etiquette:
> http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html
> Read the Newton FAQ:
> http://www.chuma.org/newton/faq/

=====
Why is that all of the instruments seeking intelligent life
in the universe are pointed away from Earth?
     --Anonymous