Re: [NTLK] NCU and MacOS X on PB G3

From: Chad & Sara Cole (schmotz_at_modempool.com)
Date: Thu Oct 24 2002 - 20:16:06 EDT

I'm not a techie when it comes to the Mac, but OS X.2 seems to
recognize the serial ports on my beige tower just fine. I've used them
(specifically the printer port) with nSync and NewTen without any
problems. The driver in NewTen shows up as cu.modem & tty.modem. I
didn't have to install anything. I would think that a Powerbook with a
serial port would do the same. Of course, I've never had a powerbook
with a serial port so I'm probably just blowing hot air out my lower
orifice.

I haven't tried using NCU in classic mode so I can't comment on how you
would get that to work.

Chad