Re: [NTLK] What is a WALT??

From: Shane Hunter (shane_at_gracelandfruit.com)
Date: Fri Oct 25 2002 - 14:08:18 EDT

on 10/25/02 1:21 AM, James Elliott at james.elliott_at_newted.org wrote:

> When you say that, do you mean like The Chimes of Death on a Mac?
> I've never heard the intro to the Twilight Zone, though I've danced
> with the Sad Mac.
Twilight Zone existed, I think, only on Quadra series computers (040). Power
Macs supposedly have shattering glass for a "doom" sound. Older macs made a
broken chord (one note after the other).

This WALT business is VERY intriguing! Maybe I'll go to my ex's and see if
some Jonathon components are in her walls! ;-)

I hate that shattering Glass! I was replacing the processor card in my 7300
and turned her on and that darn sound scared the everloving CRAP out of me!

--
-Jon Glass
Krakow, Poland