Re: [NTLK] Question regarding how long flash ram lasts?

From: Peter Cameron (pdwc_at_sympatico.ca)
Date: Fri Oct 25 2002 - 16:36:27 EDT

Dan <dan_at_dbdigitalweb.com> wrote:

> My question is in general how long does a
> flash card/ram last.
   A card should last for quite a while in a Newton. Cards makers' ratings seem to vary from 100,000 to 1,000,000 cycles.

> Should I be using the internal for unchanging data
> like program packages and the cards for data that
> changes on a daily basis
   Apple probably put fairly high quality flash RAM inside the Newt. However, I try to keep things that don't change (packages, extensions etc.) on the internal store and data that does change (names, todos etc.) on a card. I figure it may prolong the life of my internal RAM a bit.

Peter