Re: [NTLK] Newton 2x00 internal ram

From: James Witte (jswitte_at_bloomington.in.us)
Date: Fri Oct 25 2002 - 23:09:19 EDT

> You'll need a CF-> PCMCIA adapter. They're around $15 to $20. (I paid
> $20 CAD for mine).

  $15 for a CF adaptor?! Bah! I payed about $15 (I think) for a
*SmartMedia* adapter, but an SM adapter has to have a flash controller
chip in it, since SM cards don't have include them in the memory card.
But CF cards have the controller in the card itself, so the adapter itself
is (AFAIK) just passes the signals from the PCMCIA end to the CF end.
Check on PriceWatch.com . The lowest price right now (from Digi4me.com)
is $5.

Jim