Re: [NTLK] Newton 2x00 internal ram

From: Brian Braunschweiger (brianbraun_at_earthlink.net)
Date: Sat Oct 26 2002 - 11:01:03 EDT

At 10:09 PM -0500 10/25/2002, James Witte wrote:
>> You'll need a CF-> PCMCIA adapter. They're around $15 to $20. (I paid
>> $20 CAD for mine).
>
> $15 for a CF adaptor?! Bah! I payed about $15 (I think) for a
>*SmartMedia* adapter, but an SM adapter has to have a flash controller
>chip in it, since SM cards don't have include them in the memory card.
>But CF cards have the controller in the card itself, so the adapter itself
>is (AFAIK) just passes the signals from the PCMCIA end to the CF end.
>Check on PriceWatch.com . The lowest price right now (from Digi4me.com)
>is $5.

I haven't tried it yet but I got a compact flash adapter at CompUSA
for $8. The brand is Antec but I wouldn't think brand is as much of
an issue for this kind of technology. There was a CompUSA brand
adapter for $15. It was styled a bit nicer and had some kind of
storage case.

I'll give the cheaper one a try and report to the list.

Brian

--
The glass isn't half full or half empty. It's twice as big as it needs to be.