[NTLK] Looking at buying my first Newton

From: Joseph Solin (jsolin_at_interserv.com)
Date: Tue Oct 29 2002 - 09:57:55 EST

Hello all. I'm shopping around for a Newton (2100 or 2000 upgraded to
a 2100) and saw a photo of one with a white backlight and a black LCD
screen instead of green. Is this the difference between a 2100 and an
upgraded 2000, or is it a different model?

I'm also looking for a case. Does anyone have a recommendation?

Of course I will need software. I came across this ad on eBay:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1393445459 any
comments?

As I understand it, I can connect the Newton to my 17" iMac with the
Newton dongle and a USB to serial converter?

I am using iCal, iMail, and the Mac address book. What software can I
use to sync to these programs and how can I copy *.pkg files from my
desktop to the Newton?

I have a compact flash card (64 and 128MB) with pcmcia adapters. Is
there a driver I can install on the Newton that will allow me to use
this cards?

Thanks,

Joe Solin