Re: [NTLK] Ferdi Ozguner, eBay, etc.

From: Robert Benschop (rbenschop_at_euronet.nl)
Date: Tue Oct 29 2002 - 14:43:30 EST

on 29-10-2002 8:30, Peter Cameron at pdwc_at_sympatico.ca wrote:

> Again, I can only stress careful reading of descriptions and questioning of
> things you're unsure of.

I don't want to stretch this unnecessarily, but my point doesn't seem to
come across.

We've had a exchange of emails posted here of somebody that complained to
GEM (in a very civil way) that he DIDN'T get what was advertised.

The answers of GEM were less than satisfactory and the extra explanations he
added to the list made quite a few people careful with their dealings with
GEM.

So the fact that 10.000 people had a great time isn't really that
interesting if they treat their next customer like garbage.

And if this clearly doesn't show up in their descriptions than all the
better if the list knows about it.

BTW, shortly after this exchange (of the list member with GEM) they changed
their eBay listings, removing warranties etc.

So I agree completely with you, 'I can only stress careful reading of
descriptions and questioning of things you're unsure of' but it's a pity
that there are sellers that need to have that done on this list sometimes,
because they won't list the fact that they're going to treat their next
customer like garbage on eBay after all.

Sorry that this out a bit long, I'll rest my case from here on...

Robert Benschop