Re: [NTLK] List parents: virus filters???

From: Laurent Daudelin (laurent.daudelin_at_verizon.net)
Date: Tue Oct 29 2002 - 23:26:46 EST

on 29/10/02 22:47, Christopher Plummer at plumcakes_at_mac.com wrote:

> I'm on another listserver that is being overrun with virii. The admins
> seem to be helpless to stop it. On NTLK I never get a single virus.
> What do you guys do on NTLK to stop the spread of virii on this list?
> Spam is another problem on that particular list. The next question
> would be: how come we don't get any spam here either?

Easy: there are no attachment allowed with any message posted on the list.
2nd, the list of subscribers is probably very well hidden, not easily
accessible by email address harvesters.

-Laurent.

Laurent Daudelin      AIM/RV: LaurentDaudelin    <http://nemesys.dyndns.org>

copy protection n.: A class of methods for preventing incompetent pirates from stealing software and legitimate customers from using it. Considered silly.