Re: [NTLK] is the dongle essential?

From: Russ Bravo (russbravo_at_lineone.net)
Date: Tue Sep 03 2002 - 12:09:23 PDT

> Yes, you would. But there is this hen and egg problem: How do you get the
> ethernet card driver on your Newt? Unless you have some kind soul that
>would beam you the package or lends you his/her dongle, you're out of luck.

Not necessarily. If you have another Newt (eg I've got a 120 and an eMate,
both of which I connect to my 7300 Mac with a serial cable, and to my iMac
with a USB-serial adaptor), you can save stuff on a card and pop it in your
2100.

But I will have to get a dongle or a SER-001 bit of kit eventually, I know

Russ, UK