Re: [NTLK] is the dongle essential?

From: Paul Randall (info_at_paulrandall.co.uk)
Date: Wed Sep 04 2002 - 00:32:39 PDT

My advice to you is to contact PCB man for a SER-001 now.

I am under the impression that he may not be making any more once he
runs out of the current inventory. Sorry Dave if this is incorrect but
in the last post I saw from you regarding the SER a while back. I
believe you mentioned something about not building another batch but
having quite a few left.

The price is very good especially considering the build quality and
delivery to the UK was really speedy (about 4 days).

Also don't be scared about opening your newt but be careful not to
break case clips.

I installed mine in about 20 minutes being extra careful and my
previously unopened newt broke no clips at all.

I would just like to take the time to thank David Humphreys for his
contribution to the Newton 2x00 range with the SER-001.

Apple were both clever and silly when they designed the interconnect
port. David has given us confidence that we can sync our newts for
years to come (other hardware permitting).

Regards
Paul Randall (UK)