Re: [NTLK] internet and e-mail

From: Laurent Daudelin (laurent_daudelin_at_fanniemae.com)
Date: Fri Sep 06 2002 - 13:21:00 PDT

On 06/09/02 15:23, "John and Tammy Webb" <jntwebb_at_bellsouth.net> wrote:

> I really apprteciate all the help I have received on my Newton from all of the
> resident geniuses here, but I can not negotiate getting my e-mail via
> simplemail with either nethopper or newtscape. I get a dial tone and a
> connection but then when I try to mail it comes back that it could not
> negotiate the IP address. What am I doing wrong?
> Any help, as always, is valued and many hymns are sung to all contributors!

Are you able to browse using NetHopper? If so, then you email settings are
missing something. Go to your owner card, in Owner Info. Select Show->All
Info and then scroll to the bottom. You should see a SimpleMail entry there.
Tap on it and make sure that all the required settings are entered.

If you can't browser the internet with NetHopper, then your internet setup
is not right. Go back to the internet setup application and make sure
everything is there.

-Laurent.

Blue Screen of Death n.: [common] This term is closely related to the older
Black Screen of Death but much more common (many non-hackers have picked it
up). Due to the extreme fragility and bugginess of Microsoft Windows,
misbehaving applications can readily crash the OS (and the OS sometimes
crashes itself spontaneously). The Blue Screen of Death, sometimes decorated
with hex error codes, is what you get when this happens. (Commonly
abbreviated BSOD.)