[NTLK] PT100 and Sun Consoling

From: Ben Rockwood (benr_at_cuddletech.com)
Date: Sat Sep 07 2002 - 20:38:27 PDT

Hello.

 I bought my MP2100 the week after they were discontinued at a bargin price.
I've loved it since, but I never really did much with it, and it's just
sat in peace. But recently I wanted to put it too the task I'd always
wanted it to do..... I want to use it as a portable serial console
for HP 9000's, IBM RS/6000's and Sun Sparcs.
I've installed PT100 (unixnpi rocks!) but I'm not sure what I need
in terms of serial cables. Can I use the included serial cable and
just toss a null modem adapter on it? For my purposes only serial will
do.
I'm also curious if there is a way to do direct serial from the newton
without using the onboard serial adapter, or if I can use multiple
serial devices... primarily so I can use my Newton Keyboard with a console.

Are there any people do this actively who can help?

benr.

--
//Ben Rockwood - UNIX Systems Admin
//email: benr_at_cuddletech.com