Re: [NTLK] newtontalk Digest V2 #474

From: Michael Schaefer (mpschaefer_at_hotmail.com)
Date: Sat Sep 07 2002 - 21:36:35 PDT

Hello,

  I've got a 2100 which when you try to do a Hard Reset. Come up with the
question to delete if you press no the system shutsdown and doesn't respond.
So, I press Yes and confirm but then it says it will take a while to erase
all the data.

How long should this take? i have waited up to 10minutes and pulled the
power as I was worried about the warmth coming from the back of the unit.

I then opened the unit and repeated the process and found that the Appletalk
chip is getting very hot. I check the list archive and this happened once
before but was a once off thing. I then got the specs of the chip and it has
protection from buring itself out. So, I think it may be locked in a latch
up mode.

My question is if the time I have been waiting is too long then I guess the
unit would be pretty much stuffed correct?

  Michael