[NTLK] [OT] [att: Mac Gurus (ie Not Ed K)] Mac HD info

From: scOtty Technoir (tick0001_at_algonquincollege.com)
Date: Tue Sep 10 2002 - 17:36:57 PDT

hi gang

i am fooling around with my [still for sale ;)] powermac 8600. it has the
stock 2g [fireball i think] drive on SCSI channel 0 with ID 0. fine. now i
am trying to plug in another 2g [seagate] drive. it also has ID 0, so i
tried in on SCSI channel 1 to avoid a conflict. The mac will boot but will
not mount the disk. it shows in System Profile and also in Drive Setup. but
i can't mount it or initialize it [Drive setup says something about
unsupported volume or something, the same as it says about the Zip drive].
is there a way [aand benefit] to changing the SCSI Id of my secondary disk?
how can i get this to work??

thanks for the read,

scotty t