Re: [NTLK] 802.11/WLAN and DHCP -> Configs?

From: [bri cors] (bri_at_nerdtech.com)
Date: Wed Sep 11 2002 - 12:03:51 PDT

On Wed, 11 Sep 2002, Laurent Daudelin wrote:

> I'm not sure you can lookup the IP address that was given by the DHCP
> server. And actually, I don't think it would help, since your problem
> seems to be that the Newton is unable to reach the DHCP server, much
> less receiving an address from it.
>
> I don't know what to suggest. There is a problem obviously with your
> network because I had a similar setup working. And I'm sure there are
> others here on the list that use an ABS with an external router acting
> as their DHCP server without any problem.
>
> Sorry!
>
> BTW, why are you also running a software Base Station?

I am not running a software base station... Just a few ABS's at work.

And one at home.

I don't have a router at work that can dole out DHCP - but I have one at
home that can. I'll see if I can snag an IP with the router acting as
the DHCP server at home, and see if that works. Perhaps there is an
incompatibility with DHCP between Apple stuff and the DLink card. Who
knows... :)

Thanks, and I will let you know how it goes!