Re: [NTLK] WEP not working after WaveLAN firmware upgrade

From: Jeremy Bond Shepherd (jbond_at_jameswhale.com)
Date: Wed Sep 11 2002 - 13:24:28 PDT

>just used my G4 at work today to upgrade the firmware on my two Lucent
>WaveLAN Silver cards. I downloaded the latest Airport software update from
>Apple (didn't have the software installed because there was no AirPort card
>in it).

John, I did the same thing you did and have not had any problems. I am
using 128-bit WEP and it works fine. The only difference is I am using an
SMC Barricade instead of an Airport Base Station, but I don't think that
should matter.

Make sure that you have the correct WEP key in both Driver Labo section of
the Worksite Card and your Base Station, and that you eject/reinsert your
card after changing your active Worksite and/or modifying the WEP key.

Other things that come to mind: did you enter a 128-bit WEP key or are you
still using your old 40-bit key? I immediately switched to a 128-bit key
after upgrading and have not tried it with a 40-bit one.

BTW, it shouldn't matter, but I used WEP Key Maker
<http://homepage.mac.com/chally/toolsandutils.html> to generate my keys. It
makes generation easier than randomly picking the right number of hex digits.

--
Jeremy Bond Shepherd
jbond_at_jameswhale.com