Re: [NTLK] Cannot Ethernet... ?!

From: Miro (miroc_at_attbi.com)
Date: Thu Sep 12 2002 - 19:36:18 PDT

On Thursday, September 12, 2002, at 09:50 PM, Laurent Daudelin wrote:
>>> so does the card work properly in the powerbook?
>>
>> No, the card is Windows ONLY.
>
> Did you try it? Even if it says "Windows ONLY" doesn't mean it won't
> work.
> The purpose of the test would just be to verify that the card is
> working and
> the dongle is OK.

Yes, my friend, I gave it a shoot, as soon as I plugged the card in the
Powerbook's
PCMCIA slot.
Without a driver, it's not going to work. Mac OS has to see its
functionality and to open another "port" inside the AppleTalk Control
Panel.
Without a driver, it is just another icon on the Desktop... :-(

Best, Miro