Re: [NTLK] New to List; Battery Questions

From: Matthew Reidsma (reidsma_at_yahoo.com)
Date: Tue Sep 17 2002 - 11:28:23 PDT

In a pinch, you can pick up a couple AAA battery
holders from Radio Shack, glue them end to end and
wire them in series, then wire them into the battery
compartment to the positive and negative terminals.
You can then slide the little AAA tray into the emptyu
battery slot and use the Newton for about 2 or 3 days
before needing to recharge the batteries (NiMH). Be
very careful when moving the tray not to short
anything or pull too hard and break the wires off the
terminals. This should be a last resort temporary
workaround, not recommended for long term use.

As a note, I used my 2000 this way for about 3 months
before getting a battery. Inconvenient but
works...especially if you have it in a case where the
awkward battery aesthetic will not be noticed. :)

Matthew

=====