Re: [NTLK] AVIS BACKDROP -> Creating backdrops?

From: TT Mooney (ttmooney_at_dilettantism.com)
Date: Wed Sep 18 2002 - 08:31:41 PDT

On Wednesday, September 18, 2002, at 08:19 AM, Matthew Reidsma wrote:

> --- LA GREEN <lagoff1_at_hotmail.com> wrote:
>> WARNING, once you see how easy it is to make a
>> backdrop you will be making
>> them all the time. just think of it, any picture
>> you can put on your
>> computer you can now make a backdrop on your newt.
>> you will have so many of
>> them you will have to freeze sum. you have been
>> warned.
>
> I don't know, maybe I'm doing something wrong, but all
> of the backdrops I've made look like garbage. I being
> the color depth down to Greyscale, 8 bit ge=reys
> (using free Graphics Convertor for PeeCee) and resize
> whiel converting to BMP, but when I import them into
> Newton Press, they lose the definition, and faces turn
> dark grey and everything else is black. I'm not using
> it in black and white, but I've never made a
> successful backdrop. Any tips?

8-bit is 256 greys. you need to drop it to 16 greys for the
mp2x00/emate (4-bit?) or black and white for the mp1x0 (1-bit?).

travis

******
"I would expect rats in Berkeley to be fairly bold, possibly even
evolved enough to ask for spare change or protest U.S. military
action..." -- Chris Livingston http://www.notmydesk.com/