Re: [NTLK] How to create a sound package for the Newton

From: John Skinner (john_at_johnskinner.net)
Date: Wed Sep 18 2002 - 22:00:50 PDT

I have used SoundIcon Maker to do just what you are asking. It is a program
you use on your Mac to convert and compress an AIFF sound file to a Newton
package that you can tap on to play as well as set it as a system sound.

The only problem is it creates much larger files than an MP3 file. I
remember doing a (short) James Brown song and the package being about 9 MB!

It was fun and the only way to easily put music on your Newton before
MadMax.