Re: [NTLK] Cannot Ethernet... ?!

From: chris smolyk (nessmuk_at_interbaun.com)
Date: Wed Sep 18 2002 - 22:35:06 PDT

So is there a way to save useful settings such as HWR....to
make a backup so that you can do the full brain wipe and still
put these settings back in?

chriss

From: "Marco Mailand" <m_at_abasurf.ch>
Subject: Re: [NTLK] Cannot Ethernet... ?!
Date: Fri, 13 Sep 2002 14:16:34 +0200
I think that you have a driver conflict and that you should remove not only
the Farallon driver but also do a brain wipe and get rid of the system soup.
I thought that it would be easy to check out different drivers for different
e-net cards (Farallon and 3com) and assumed that freezing the not used
drivers would be sufficient, but it froze my Newton really badly :-( It
basically screwed up everything and I could get rid of the errors only by a
clean brain wipe, that is no restore of the system soup (You'll lose HWR
settings and all the owner/worksite stuff but that's the point).