Re: [NTLK] Cannot Ethernet... ?!

From: Michael W Peterson (mwpeters_at_pnambic.org)
Date: Thu Sep 19 2002 - 15:58:03 PDT

On Friday, September 13, 2002, at 02:38 PM, Laurent Daudelin wrote:

Did all the setup per
<http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=newtontalk&m=103194610407614&w=2
my SMC 2632W, but it's not working.

> Now, try your new settings. The easiest way to test if your setup is
> properly done is using NetHopper and try to access a site that you
> know is
> up and running, like www.apple.com. In NetHopper, after bringing the
> connection dialog and typing the URL, after you tap "Go", you should be
> presented with a connection dialog. That's where you should pick your
> new
> worksite in the top left corner of the dialog. After picking up your
> worksite, the specific internet setup you created should appear in the
> middle, next to "Using" and the DWL-650 card should appear below, next
> "Card". Just tap "Connect" and see what happens.

Trying to connect with Newt's Cape. My connect slip has the worksite
picker in the top left corner. In the middle I have only the "Using"
popup, no "Card". Hitting connect dismisses the slip and nothing
happens: no blinking lights on the card, no errors.

Anyone have any ideas what I missed?