Re: [NTLK] Decent Calendar

From: Jon Glass (jonglass_at_usa.net)
Date: Fri Sep 20 2002 - 10:57:38 PDT

on 9/20/02 5:49 PM, Steve Vander Ark at vderark_at_bccs.org wrote:

> Action Names I
> don't recommend. As I recall, it creates its own soups instead of using
> the built-in Names etc., which is utterly insane when you think about
> it.

Not that I'm recommending Action Names, but I just wanted to clarify this
one point. The only soup that AN replaces is the built-in To Do soup. They
actually started this back in the days of OS 1, when the built-in soup was
not really modifiable. When AN was updated to OS 2, they kept their own
soup, as it did allow them greater flexibility. Unfortunately, they also
change how the Todos display in the Dates app, which is a "feature" that
I've never been keen on. :-)

--
-Jon Glass
Krakow, Poland