[NTLK] Newton Quake

From: Greg Goodwin (drclu_at_swbell.net)
Date: Tue Sep 24 2002 - 06:38:17 PDT

   Out of all the Newton April fools gags... the Palm emulator, the bit
about the color code being in the Newton screen matrix already, and so on
and so on... the Newton Quake version still gets people even when the site
is long gone.

    The website showed pictures of what Quake looked like on the Newton.
Basically 16 gray scale converted pics of Quake. It talked about how the
images would blur from time to time, even down to the C-code map converter
for Quake.

    But in the end, you downloaded a small program, it would try to convert
the map files, and roughly 45 minutes later it would say "April fools!"
Really cute.

    But I think the Newton could handle text mode Quake.... ;)

http://webpages.mr.net/bobz/ttyquake/

    Take care,

    Doctor Clu