Re: [NTLK] speak hilited text

From: Stephanie Maks (newton_at_maksystems.com)
Date: Tue Sep 24 2002 - 19:11:31 PDT

If you use Dashboard or have another way of using a bit of newtonscript, you
can use this:

//Speak Text
local t := GetHilitedTextItems();
local vox := "[[svox kath]]";
if not(t = nil) then begin
foreach item in t do PlaySound(vox&item);
end;

This is the script I have saved in dashboard for speaking selected text.
The bit [[svox kath]] sets the voice to Kathy. You can set it to other
voices, I forget the codes for the others but you can tinker around with it.
I think they're all four characters.

-Stephanie
http://www.felesmagus.com/newton/