Re: [NTLK] Backtalk limitations

From: Scott Roy Atwood (atwood_at_cs.stanford.edu)
Date: Wed Sep 25 2002 - 19:50:16 PDT

* Mark Rollins <mark_at_mrollins.com> [020926 02:24]:

> > From: Scott Roy Atwood <atwood_at_cs.stanford.edu>
> > Subject: Re: [NTLK] Backtalk limitations
> >
> > * When beaming from Newton to Palm, email addresses get dropped
>
> I posted this awhile ago to the list, with a host of comparisons.
>
> E-mails must be titled "Internet" in the Newton Names app otherwise the
> crappy Palm OS doesn't recognize them.

Thanks. That works for me. Now I just need to go back and change all
of my E-mail address entries from the Newton default of "E-Mail" to
"Internet". :(

> > * When beaming from Palm to Newton, notes get dropped.
> Do you mean notes in a Name/Address? I don't have this problem.

Right. The Notes field of a Newton Name card will transfer from the
Newton to the Palm, but the Notes field of a Palm addressbook entry
beamed to my Newton appear to get discarded when I translate from .vcf
to Names.

-Scott

--
Scott Atwood