Re: [NTLK] is there a way to convert stationary?

From: Laurent Daudelin (laurent_daudelin_at_fanniemae.com)
Date: Thu Sep 26 2002 - 10:43:37 PDT

On 26/09/02 13:27, "Dan" <dan_at_dbdigitalweb.com> wrote:

> I do understand how soups work (for the most part) and how each line is
> really a different slot and each stationary is custom (usually though some
> slots appear to be duplicated though out several different stationaries, so
> could be converted without too much trouble I would think).
>
> Ok here is the question of the day, if I export say a call with the custom
> Moreinfo stationary using NCU....could I reimport it back in with the
> standard call stationary? Or is there some way?
>
> I realize that a converter *on the fly* in the Newt would certainly be
> different but is there something that will export and reimport, preferably
> with a ability to customize which data goes to which line (slot)? I would
> think that at some point someone is going to need a stationary that is not
> available anymore (due to the package being keycoded and lost the key). And
> now needs to be able to read the data again. OR they tried out a package
> that was timebomed and didn't like it, but did save data in its unique
> stationary and now it is no longer visible.
>
> I have not run into this yet, but I have been playing with various
> stationaries and have to wonder when I might fall into this category so I am
> trying to avoid that pitfall heh.
>
> -Dan

As I understand it, you would be able to restore the note, but there is some
slot there that would tell the notepad which stationary it needs and if it's
not installed, then you would get the message telling you that this note
uses a stationary that isn't installed.

-Laurent.

elder days n.: The heroic age of hackerdom (roughly, pre-1980); the era of
the PDP-10, TECO, ITS, and the ARPANET. This term has been rather
consciously adopted from J. R. R. Tolkien's fantasy epic "The Lord of the
Rings". Compare Iron Age; see also elvish and Great Worm.