Re: [NTLK] Linksys WPC11 and MP2K

From: Laurent Daudelin (laurent.daudelin_at_verizon.net)
Date: Thu Sep 26 2002 - 21:00:01 PDT

on 26/09/02 23:23, John Anderson at dearjohn_at_everchanging.com wrote:

> Yesterday I bought a Linksys WPC11 ver 1 card to enable wireless
> Internet access for my Newton. I installed the Newton Devices package,
> the Newton Internet Enabler 2.0, NIE Ethernet Support and NIE Setup. My
> base station is a Linksys wireless access point router. I have DHCP
> turned on and WEP turned off (for now). The strange thing is that I can
> get connected and view one page via NetHopper or Newt's Cape, but any
> attempts thereafter time out. If I disconnect and reconnect, I get a
> -60088 error. A reset gives me one more web page view.
>
> My DHCP lease time is 240 minutes, so I can't see that being the
> problem. My Internet setup on the Newton is set up to never disconnect.
>
> Any changes that I can make to my Newton or router setups to enable
> more than one connection?

According to the NIE Developer doc:

constant kInetToolErrDhcpReqFailed := -60088;

So, there is apparently a problem with your DHCP server. Did you enter the
IP address of your router in your internet setup?

-Laurent.

Laurent Daudelin      AIM/RV: LaurentDaudelin    <http://nemesys.dyndns.org>
drone n.: Ignorant sales or customer service personnel in computer or
electronics superstores. Characterized by a lack of even superficial
knowledge about the products they sell, yet possessed of the conviction that
they are more competent than their hacker customers. Usage: "That video
board probably sucks, it was recommended by a drone at Fry's" In the year
2000, their natural habitats include Fry's Electronics, Best Buy, and
CompUSA.