Re: [NTLK] Sync Newton with Mac OS X?

From: Laurent Daudelin (laurent.daudelin_at_verizon.net)
Date: Thu Sep 26 2002 - 22:04:03 PDT

on 27/09/02 00:52, Newtvana at newton_at_ordersomewherechaos.com wrote:

> Laurent wrote:
>
>>> 2) I activate my Newton MessagePad 2000 with an 802.11b card and launch
>>> the SyncX.pkg. I tell it to look for machines that are listening on the
>>> proper port/connection *or* I give it an IP address/domain name to
>>> connect to.
>> [snip!]
>>
>> Nice idea, but, what happens if you do a hard reset on your Newton? How
>> do
>> you get that "SyncX.pkg" back?
>
> Just like you would install any pkg. By using NCU or an alternative. Am
> I missing something? My thought is that SyncX.pkg would simply be a
> conduit. It would stream the soups that exist on the Newton.

Hmmm, so, it means I still have to keep an OS 9 partition around, just for
running NCU and install SyncX.pkg? Why not using the Dock? It's already
there...

-Laurent.

Laurent Daudelin      AIM/RV: LaurentDaudelin    <http://nemesys.dyndns.org>
fear and loathing n.: [from Hunter S. Thompson] A state inspired by the
prospect of dealing with certain real-world systems and standards that are
totally brain-damaged but ubiquitous -- Intel 8086s, or COBOL, or EBCDIC, or
any IBM machine bigger than a workstation. "Ack! They want PCs to be able to
talk to the AI machine. Fear and loathing time!"