[NTLK] Slow Web Browsing on a Wireless Connection?

From: unk na (newtoneer256_at_yahoo.com)
Date: Sat Sep 28 2002 - 07:28:30 PDT

Hello,

I have a messagepad 2100 with a 32 meg storage card. Recently I got ahold of a D-link dwl-650 wireless pcmcia card.

I downloaded the 802.11b driver from the Wireless Lab site and installed. Everything works perfectly.

Now, the problem: why is browsing using NewtsCape (or the others) sooooo slow? It's absolutely ridiculous - sometimes I wait like more than five minutes to load a single website? My wireless setup is broadband! When my buddy visits, his laptop with the wireless card works just fine.

I am aware that the messagepad is older and all that, but it seems to me like it should load pages a little faster with a fast connection. So I'm thinking that maybe there is something on my Newton that is slowing everything down? Is there something I can do to check, or is there some way to clean out the Newton system and optimize?

Thanks for any help regarding this. I would really like to use my messagepad as a wireless "webpad" around the house, but it is pretty much useless unless I can speed it up.

nr256