[NTLK] -10600 error on ATA device

From: Ashley Campbell (awc2_at_buyclamsonline.com)
Date: Sun Sep 29 2002 - 10:41:39 PDT

Hi all --

I was happily using my newly-registered Serial ATA driver to put data
on a Sony Memory Stick that I had laying around, and everything was
going great. I transferred my big programs and Newton books over. Then,
upon turning the thing on, i get a -10600 error while accessing the
Extras drawer. It's the memory card as all is fine when it's not
inserted. Interestingly, all of the To Dos and such that are on the
card appear normally, it's just packages and folders (creating a new
folder in MoreInfo results in a -10600 as well.)

I understand that this means that there is some overflow or other
filing error on the card. I also know how to erase the card, but is
there any way to fix it? I don't really want to go through reinstalling
all of the software and wondering if that one crucial appointment was
deleted because I forgot it was on the card. I've looked through the
FAQ and the message list archive to no avail. Google didn't really help
either, so I appreciate any suggestions that y'all might have.

-awc