Re: [NTLK] Newton Dev...Okay, now what?

From: Laurent Daudelin (laurent.daudelin_at_verizon.net)
Date: Sun Sep 29 2002 - 21:09:56 PDT

on 29/09/02 00:35, David Myers at myers_at_aedifice.net wrote:

> I've just made myself a working Basilisk environment. I'd like to get
> the Newton Dev kit up and running (which I have -- at least, I can
> browse the disk image like it was a real disk drive). And then I'd like
> to try my hand at writing Newton software...
>
> How do I read all of the developer documentation files on the disk
> image? I thought they were in DocViewer format (because I found that
> particular app early on in my explorations), but double clicking on them
> produced a long-ish error message that basically said "no translator was
> available".
>
> Um, help for the Mac ignorant? Please?

Do these documents have any extension at all?

-Laurent.

Laurent Daudelin      AIM/RV: LaurentDaudelin    <http://nemesys.dyndns.org>
casting the runes n.: What a guru does when you ask him or her to run a
particular program and type at it because it never works for anyone else;
esp. used when nobody can ever see what the guru is doing different from
what J. Random Luser does. Compare incantation, runes, examining the
entrails; also see the AI koan about Tom Knight in "Some AI Koans" (Appendix
A).