Re: [NTLK] Install packages with Jaguar & Ethernet

From: Luiz Petroni (lpetroni_at_compassoarte.com.br)
Date: Tue Apr 01 2003 - 05:58:16 PST

Laurent:

The problem seems to be with how MacOS X treats .pkg files.

I can connect my PB with Newton using Delivery over AppleTalk with no
problems (did not tried TCP/IP yet). Delivery starts the server and
Newton can see it when I run Dock. When I tap "Connect" a connection is
oppened (I suppose) because Delivery activate the IntallPackage button.

The problem is that when I click the InstallPackage button in Delivery
and select a package that I know to be a valid one and I know that it
works with my current installed packages it fails to activated. Newton
display a popup saying that the package is not compatible with current
system and failed to be activated.

I tried with packages that I was able to install with NCU under MacOS 9.

Researching in the archives I also found a app called Packager v1.3,
but when I drag&drop a package on it I don't get any results (I also
suppose) because the package still associated with MacOS X Installer
and the package's icon stay with something like an open box.

Any suggestions?

TIA

--lpetroni

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html