[NTLK] NewtyES (NES Emulator) Released!!!!

From: Eagan Rackley (eagix_at_earthlink.net)
Date: Tue Apr 01 2003 - 08:03:55 PST

Hello Everyone!!!!!

Well after several late nights, and a few months of effort I am now
releasing the full version of my Nintendo Emulator for the Newton!!!!!

Totaly mapper 0 support! Though there isn't any sound support yet :(.

Although just a week ago I had been stuck debugging the CPU core, I have
made rapid progress and now Super Mario Brothers One is now running!!!
(About 2 months ahead of what I actually thought my schedule would be!)

So, without further ado here is the link:
http://www.angelfire.com/ca2/eagsproging/newtyES001.zip
(zip file only, sorry guys:)

It will be avaiable for download just for today, AND since I don't have
time to write a tutorial on how to make your own NES roms into packages
(that will come with the 'offical' release) I am including the .pkg
format of SMB1.nes!!!! I will not be doing this ever again, but for such
an early release I figured it was ok (considering the # of rom sites
that are out there).

So, remember guys, one day only! Tomorrow I'm taking it down and then
you'll have to wait another two to three months to actually play
nintendo games on your newton!!! So get a move on! :D :D :D

Warmest Regards,

Eagan Rackley

P.S. In order to run the emulator, click on the rom in your extras
drawer. I hope you guys have fun:).

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html