[NTLK] Final drivers for the 3CXTV589DT?

From: Newtvana (newton_at_ordersomewherechaos.com)
Date: Tue Apr 01 2003 - 12:01:27 PST

Has anyone been able to tune the UHF channels using the 3COM NTSC TV
Receiver? The 3CXTV589DT seems to pick up channels 2 through 12 no
problem. (The local PBS station comes in great, and looks pretty good
in 16 grays.) But our local WB channel, FOX channel and UPN are all in
the UHF range.

Do I need to get a different antenna? Right now I've just rigged up a
small FM antenna, using a pigtail, similar to the N-type connector that
I used on my Lucent WaveLan silver card.

I'm hoping that PCBMan's work on the wireless coax adapter will let me
forgo the entire broadcast realm and hook into my cable line. I'm sure
Comcast will be surprised when they see my MP2000's converter box
emulator show up on their network! :)

The final cool piece will be when Hiroshi gets his Bluetooth driver
finished and I'll be able to change channels and volume using my
Sony/Ericsson phone, just like I've got it controlling my iTunes.

Anyway, if anyone has any tips for getting those UHF channels to come
in, let me know.

...Ross...

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html