[NTLK] Is NIE required for wireless AppleTalk?

From: Brian Mayton (bmayton_at_mac.com)
Date: Tue Apr 01 2003 - 23:22:12 PST

I'm running low on memory on my eMate, yet I have practically nothing
installed. I went through and looked at what's taking up so much of my
memory, and most of it is Newton Internet Enabler. I don't use my
newton to get on the internet with TCP/IP at all. I *do*, however, use
a Lucent WaveLAN to dock over AppleTalk, and occasionally to print to
my laser printer, again, over AppleTalk.

My question is, do I really need the full Newton Internet Enabler for
just AppleTalk over wireless? Or can I get rid of everything except
the wavelan driver and Newton Devices? I'd just try it, except I don't
really feel like digging out my serial cables to reinstall NIE if it
breaks my dock over WaveLAN...

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html