Re: [NTLK] Is NIE required for wireless AppleTalk?

From: Robert Benschop (rbenschop_at_euronet.nl)
Date: Wed Apr 02 2003 - 01:18:07 PST

On woensdag, apr 2, 2003, at 09:22 Europe/Amsterdam, Brian Mayton wrote:

> My question is, do I really need the full Newton Internet Enabler for
> just AppleTalk over wireless? Or can I get rid of everything except
> the wavelan driver and Newton Devices? I'd just try it, except I don't
> really feel like digging out my serial cables to reinstall NIE if it
> breaks my dock over WaveLAN...

You don't need the whole NIE, just the Newton Devices and the NIE
Ethernet Support and your Wireless driver. (this is the reason why
these two are in the Ethernet Directory/Folder on the CD) On the list
it's always advised to install all of NIE because so often people have
problems and it turns out that they're just missing one of the
components.

Robert Benschop

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html